House Fires in the Village
Last weekend we had a couple of house fires in the Village and there was a safety issue brought to my attention. Seems that there were a lot of onlookers there to watch with their families. Please do not put yourself in harm’s way even though you were a good distance away the wind changed direction and pushed the smoke down the road where people were standing. Today’s fires consist of burning plastics and synthetic materials. These materials produce toxic gases that contain carcinogenic compounds ( benzene, toluene, dioxins, metals, & many more hazardous gases) that can be inhaled or absorbed through the skin. So please stay away and if you live nearby close your windows and doors and stay inside.
Thank you, Mark Stonebraker ( Lancaster Fire Chief)